Jessie and Preston are best friends. They were neighbors in college which made falling in love easy and natural. I shot their engagement session at Garden of the Gods, the perfect choice, because it's where Preston proposed. I couldn't wait to get this gorgeous couple in front of my camera!!
Jessie and Preston, I'm so excited for your June wedding! I know the love you share is only going to be multiplied on the big day!
- How did you two meet? Give us the dirty details! Who, what, when, where, and why?
We were neighbors in college!
- When did you know they were the one? Was there a specific moment or something specific they did?
It didn't take long to figure out he was the one. We've always gotten along so great and still to this day have never had a bad time together!
- Tell us about the proposal! Did you see it coming? How long were you planning it? How did you feel? Nervous? Excited? Freaking out?!
The proposal.. oh boy. Honestly, I had this gut feeling during the day that it "might" happen, because it was our two year anniversary and we went to Garden of the Gods. He's not exactly the mushy gushy romantic type, so there weren't any clues that I could have picked up that it was coming! It was nearing the end of the day and that little feeling of hope I had was going away. Then we found a spot where it was just us and he wanted to take a picture (he never takes pictures of anything). So, when he walked back after getting his phone I turned around to him on one knee. I almost fell over! I had this feeling I had never felt before, a crazy good feeling! I couldn't even believe it, I was so so happy!
- What is one thing you love most about each other?
We're best friends. We've never been in a fight and he is SO patient with me! We bring out the weird in each other, but it makes our lives so much fun! I don't think there's ever been a day that we have gone without laughing.
- If you feel comfortable, share with us something silly or quirky the other person does.
There are too many to name!
- What are the top three things you like to do as a couple?
Crafts Dates Hang out with friends!